I Was Fired Because Of My Sexual Orientation. 

What Should I Do?

  Employers typically have wide discretion in deciding who they hire and whom they fire.  However, there are laws that protect employees and potential employees from unfair discriminatory practices made by the employer. For instance, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, and religion. This law also includes the sexual orientation of an employee and pregnancy.  If you are not sure if you qualify for relief give us a call.  We can evaluate your situation and help guide you through your next steps.



  The law protects employees from being treated unfairly while working due to discrimination, sexual harassment or a hostile work environment.  Many employees mistakenly believe that they have no choice but to suffer in a hostile work environment, for fear of losing their ability to provide for their families and protect the longevity of their careers. If you or someone you know has experienced harassment or a hostile work environment, please know that we can help.  The Pouncil Law Firm is capable of protecting your rights in the workplace and helping you seek the justice you deserve.



I Believe I Was Fired Because Of My Disability. 
What Should I Do?


  There are disability laws that protect employees from being fired due to their disability as long as they can perform their job duties. The law prohibits treating an employee with a disability differently because of his or her disability, an employer's failure to make reasonable accommodations, and the use of selective devices by the employer to screen out individuals with disabilities.  Call us today so we can discuss your first steps.



Is It Possible To Receive A Monetary Award?


  Yes. If it is proven that your employer intentionally engages in unlawful employment practices under Title VII and the American Disabilities Act a court may stop the employer from committing these acts, reinstate you in your position with or without back pay, award money for compensation as well as punish the employer and deter any future wrongdoing.



What If I Want To Report My Employer’s Illegal Actions?

  Texas “whistleblower” laws give public employees who have been suspended, terminated, or has had some type of adverse personnel action against them in retaliation for the employee’s good faith reporting of violations of the law the right to sue for damages and other relief the court deems necessary. This may include reinstatement and compensation due to lost wages lost during the period of suspension or termination.  Call us, The Pouncil Law Firm can protect your ability to do what's right.


Was I Properly Denied FMLA?

  The Family and Medical Leave Act protects employees who need 12 weeks of unpaid leave during any 12-month period because of  1) a birth of a child 2) adoption of, or providing foster care for, a child 3) a serious health condition that makes the employee unable to perform the functions of the position 4) and or care for a spouse, child, or parent who has a serious health condition.  Once leave is granted the employer is required to maintain the employee’s existing health care benefits, and to restore the employee to the position at the end of the leave without reduction of benefit.  If you have a question as to whether you have been improperly denied FMLA call us today.  We can evaluate your case and help you with your next steps.


What Should I Do Now?


  Easy question! Call us today at 832-913-5059 or email us at